People who have contracted herpes may feel as if the dating game is no longer available for them. It is extremely embarrassing and intimidating to tell someone that you have an STD, due to the response that you might get from them. However, the surge of herpes dating websites have shown people a way to get into the dating game and meet new partners with whom they can spend time without being judged in any way. However, when you are dating someone with herpes, you must still take precautions, since it can still be transferred.
That is the reason why we have provided you with the Do’s and Don’ts of dating people with herpes:
- You should be confident and accept that your herpes will not rule your life. Don’t let herpes defeat you, and define your happiness.
- When you have herpes, it is important that you are open and honest about your condition, especially with potential sex partners.
- You should also seek out other individuals who have herpes and learn their experiences. They may even be able to provide you with some basic tips on herpes dating.
- You should also look to practice good personal hygiene when you have herpes. This means that you showering twice a day is a must and you have to clean the infected area with a washcloth. You have to be careful when washing the infected area in order to avoid spreading the herpes, and all broken blisters should be cleaned properly in order to clear out any viral fluids.
- Sex is a part of every romantic relationship and when you are dating someone with herpes it is important to have protection. The transmission of the herpes virus is still possible between 2 people who have it already, since there are different strains of the virus. Therefore, the use of condoms is recommended along with additional suppressants. Don’t have unprotected sex with your partner, since you can still transmit them with herpes.
- You shouldn’t try to hide the fact that you have herpes. Fear of rejection and embarrassment is obviously going to be there but if you are on a herpes dating website, there is no need to worry about that. The people will be more understanding and will not discriminate on the basis that you have got the virus.
- Don’t ever give up on your love life, even if you have contracted the herpes virus. There is still life after you have herpes, and it doesn’t mean that you will never be able to have sex again with someone or meet your soul mate. Herpes is contagious, but it is not the end of the road for you, since there are thousands of people just like you out there, that are looking to find the love of their life through herpes dating websites.
Dating with herpes can appear to be stressful but if you are honest with yourself and your partner, you will be able to lead a normal life and healthy life. It is important that you read about herpes and the possible ways that you can reduce the outbreaks.